Saturday 25 November 2017

Ed the elf.

Although I'm a huge Star Wars fan and have bought into Armada, X-Wing, Imperial Assault, and West End Game's rpg, I've come to the realisation that I'm never going to play Star Wars Legion. Is it that it's a different scale than Imperial Assault thus requiring buying duplicates of models already owned? No. Is it due to the real and present danger that every time I mooch about lookin' fer fings, I risk being being crushed under models that I have little chance of ever painting? Nope. It's solely down to the inescapable truth that I hate, haaate, painting *#@!ing stormtroopers.

I came to this realisation two weekends ago when, after spending 6 hours painstakingly layering white on two and a half storm troopers, and being somewhat miffed with how utterly shite they looked, I promptly masked off the blasters and hit them with white spray primer from above. The result looked far better than what I'd achieved by careful application of paint. Now, don't get me wrong, they're not award winning models, but from two feet away they're more than acceptable. I haven't managed to photograph them yet so I'll post another Otherworld adventurer.

This is Ed the elf. His thirst for blood almost always superceded spellcasting.  When he did cast, it was most often Shocking Grasp, which would then invariably critically fail to hit with the hilarious side effect of electrocuting one of his comrades. Usually on the helmet. No, not that one. 
After inadvertently reaching into the wrong holster, Ed menaced the Goblin King with his latest purchase from Ann Summers.







5 comments: